Many midcentury ranchers have plain exteriors. The Mermaid Group Design and Renovation Team likes to call them blank canvasses, ready for renovation! If you’re ready to make your mark on your classic west coast rancher and spruce up its curb appeal, consider:
- A small front porch or stoop – a structure at the front door is always a welcoming feature
- By replacing the door, adding a gable, and removing the shutters, a lovely rancher can exhibit charming curb appeal.
- For additional outdoor living space, consider a full-size porch
- A gable can break up your ranchers classic horizontal lines
- Replacing the front door is an inexpensive way to add curb appeal to any home. We have a wide selection of refinished antique and new doors available.
- Remove or refinish old shutters for a more modern feel
- Add trim, or paint the existing trim